- Contact Us
- An Activist's Guide
- Legal Framework
- Key Processes
- Mobilise communities
Local Government Action
You have a right under the Constitution to a local government that works, which provides basic services and promotes social and economic development. You have a right under the Constitution to a democratic and accountable local government. But local government is failing to deliver the services we have a right to receive.
Local Government Action aims to help you:
- understand local government and what it should be doing for every community
- monitor (or keep track of) what local government is doing
- find out what to do when local government ignores the community or breaks the rules
- take action to enforce your rights to water, sanitation, electricity, housing, and health
- find organisations that can help you.
Use the Activist's Guide menu to select the section relevant to you and to find the information you are looking for.